Yesterday before lunch when I was walking with my friend; we began to talk about the differences between ‘good friends’ and ‘important friends.’ According to him, good friends are friends that you have a couple of common interests, that you want to be nice to and they will have your back most of the time. Occasionally, we can even trade secrets and gossip about our other friends. As for important friends, there’s already a trust built between you and them. They’re someone that you can ‘give your back to’ because you know that they will never backstab you. You still share some interests, but you won’t have to talk all the time when they’re around-being with them is already enough. Without them life will be even more miserable than it already is. He told me that both types of friends are hard to distinguish and as we were about to go more in depth of this topic, we reached his house and the conversation was dropped.
But while I walked home that evening, with headphones on and hurrying home because it already passed my curfew, my mind started wandering as usual and the conversation we had this afternoon popped up. I began to think of the friends that I have right now, and how we normally treat each other. Although we exchange ideas and have a chance to promote mutual understanding with one another, will our friendship slowly fades away after we each go our separate ways when high school ends, that’s something I would never want to find out.
Hey Siukwan I wrote you a response post, check it out :P
ReplyDeletehttp://1socs.blogspot.com/2011/09/re-friends.html